Emerge California is a political candidate training program for Democratic women who want to run for office.
The Emerge California program consists of intensive training sessions spanning a seven-month period with more than 70 hours of programming. The core curriculum covers topics including public speaking and communication, fundraising, media and messaging, networking, campaign strategy, field operations, technology and new media, cultural competency, ethical leadership and labor and endorsements.
Criteria for selection to the Program include:
- State program residency
- Current registration as a member of the Democratic Party
- Evidence of political leadership potential and/or experience, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community
- Interest in pursuing public office
- Demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal
- Ability and desire to build effective networks
- Ability to articulate a personal political vision
- Demonstrated ability to inspire others
- Commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings
- Commitment to raising money for the Emerge program.
The application deadline is October 28th. Apply here.