The planning for the upcoming city budget is upon us once again. Mark your calendars for the next Mission community meetings with Supervisor Campos.
Please join us this upcoming Friday, March 2nd, for Session #1 meeting at Valencia Gardens from 10AM-12PM with Supervisor David Campos where we will talk about the following:
- Updates from community representatives about Mayor’s Process – including principles that are guiding the process
- Explain Mayor’s Directive – Each department come up with 5% budget cut for 2012-13, 5% ongoing budget cut for 2013-14, and a contingency cut of 2.5%, a 1% reduction in general fund supported staff for each year. One time funding sources cannot be used to fill deficit.
- Updates from Departments on how they are meeting the Mayor’s directive
- DCYF –
- Dept on the Status of Women
- First Five
- What is the impact on the community of the proposed cuts?
- What should be the D9 budget advocacy strategy?
Then come join us for Session #2 meeting on Friday, May 4th, Session #2 at SF Friends School from 10AM– 12PM. We will be discussing:
- Updates from last meeting
- Action plan for the last month that Mayor is preparing his budget
- Strategy once the budget reaches the BOS